All horse owners have a responsibility to make sure that their horses are properly fed. A horse’s attitude, eating habits, weight and condition should be monitored to ensure that it is receiving the nutrition it needs. What are three most important aspects for any feeding schedule?
By successfully completing this module, you will be able to:
- Identify sources of nutrition and water for horses.
- Describe an appropriate feeding schedule.
- Demonstrate safe feeding practices.
Your work will be assessed by your teacher. Unless indicated otherwise by your teacher, use the rubric which accompanies the activity.
- Create a folder for the AGR 2070 course on your computer. This is where you should save all your module booklets.
- Download the Module 5 Booklet to the AGR 2070 folder you just created.
- When you get to a place in the online module where you are supposed to complete an activity:
- Open the module booklet you saved in your course folder,
- Scroll to the relevant activity,
- Complete the task,
- SAVE your work.
At the end of the module, you will upload your completed module booklet. (HINT: see the Activities video if you need a refresher on how to use the upload tool.)
Estimated Time Required
It is estimated it will take you approximately 2 hours to complete this module.