Module 3 Activities
You will be using this module activities booklet to complete the practice activities for submission.
Unless indicated otherwise by your teacher, use the rubric that follows the activity.
Instructions: Download the Module 3 Booklet
- Open the Module 3 Booklet that contains your practice activities.
- Save the completed PDF document to your course folder. You will be using this booklet to complete all the practice activities in this module.
- At the end of the module, you will upload your completed module booklet. (HINT: see the Activities video if you need a refresher on how to use the upload tool.)
As with all sentient beings, cats and dogs can experience distress, pain and fear. Responsible cat and dog owners must be aware of the signs of illness or distress in order to effectively monitor health on a regular basis.
Responsible pet owners also raise and work with their pets by balancing requirements for the pet’s care with their ability to provide those requirements. They know that cats and dogs that are properly cared for are better pets. They realize that, more than just a regular supply of food and water, adequate shelter and appropriate equipment is also necessary to ensure a cat and dog’s well-being and health.
In this module we will focus on answering the following three questions:
- How should cats’ and dogs’ health and well-being be monitored and protected?
- How do legislation and codes protect animal welfare?
- In what conditions should cats and dogs live and be housed?
By successfully completing this module, you will:
- Brainstorm a list of actions that you think a cat or dog owner should perform for their pet OR create your own checklist identifying actions that you take on a regular basis to ensure that your cat and dog stays healthy (Activity 3.1).
- Complete an animal observation exercise (Activity 3.2).
- Complete a veterinary care exercise (Activity 3.3).
- Identify a disease that can affect your cat or dog and describe how this disease can impact care (Activity 3.4).
- Design and / or critically analyze a living space for your pet (Activity 3.5).
- Reflect on strategies you can implement to protect and maintain the health of a cat or dog (Activity 3.6).
Estimated Time Required
It is estimated it will take you approximately 3-4 hours to complete this module.