You will be using this module activities booklet to complete the practice activities for submission.
Unless indicated otherwise by your teacher, use the rubric that follows the activity.
Instructions: Download the Module 1 Booklet
- Open the Module 1 Booklet that contains your practice activities.
- Save the completed PDF document to your course folder. You will be using this booklet to complete all the practice activities in this module.
- At the end of the module, you will upload your completed module booklet. (HINT: see the Activities video if you need a refresher on how to use the upload tool.)
People primarily raise and keep animals for human use or benefit. We typically keep dogs and cats for companionship, cattle and sheep for food or clothing and horses for work or recreation.
Animal owners are legally and ethically responsible for the care of their animals. But what does – and should – this care involve?
In this module, we identify and examine the elements of basic care necessary for domestic animals.
In this module you will:
- Describe basic elements of care essential for a domestic animal.
- Identify the Five Freedoms.
- Define what we mean by a domestic animal.
- Create a preliminary list of things to consider when caring for your horse.
Estimated Time Required
It is estimated it will take you approximately 90 minutes to complete this module.