Activity 4.1 – Create a Storyboard OR Video
Pick ONE of the two options below for this activity. The grading rubric is available in the Module 4 booklet.
Create a three-to six frame storyboard that teaches others how to approach, handle and transport a horse in a safe and humane way.
You can design your three- to six-frame Storyboard for a video production, website or comic strip. A blank storyboard template document is provided for this activity (or create your own).
- Use sketches, written directions and descriptions for a video production Storyboard.
- Use simple screen capture sketches for a website Storyboard.
- Use comic style drawings and short text balloons for a comic strip Storyboard.
Choose ONE of the following methods to create your storyboard document:
- Manual Method
- Download and print a paper copy of the storyboard template;
- Manually draw a sketch or create a collage of your proposed storyboards frames using the document template;
- When you are done, take a photograph of it using your phone, camera, etc..
- Save the picture to your course folder;
- Upload your completed picture file using the assignment upload tool at the bottom of this page.
- Electronic Method (PowerPoint Version)
- Create a six slide PowerPoint show;
- Create electronic drawings or collages on each of the slides;
- Save the PowerPoint file to your course folder;
- Upload your completed PowerPoint file using the assignment upload tool at the bottom of this page.
Create a short video that demonstrates your ability to safely and humanely handle your horse, including each of the following skills:
- Approaching your horse
- Handling your horse
- Transporting your horse
Save your video to your course folder. (IMPORTANT: click here for information on compatible video file formats.)
When you are finished upload your completed video file using the assignment upload tool at the bottom of this page.