You will be using this module activities booklet to complete the practice activities for submission.
Unless indicated otherwise by your teacher, use the rubrics that follows the activities.
Instructions: Download the Module 4 Booklet
- Open the Module 4 Booklet that contains your practice activities.
- Save the completed PDF document to your course folder. You will be using this booklet to complete all the practice activities in this module.
- At the end of the module, you will upload your completed module booklet (HINT: see the Activities video if you need a refresher on how to use the upload tool.)
The type of contact between people and animals has a strong impact on animal welfare. A horse can perceive a negative handling experience fearfully. When a horse is fearful, its stress responses increase and its well being is reduced.
As you explore this module keep in mind the following questions:
- How should risk and hazards be avoided when handling and moving horses?
- How do recommended guidelines compare to your own experiences with handling animals?
By successfully completing this module you will:
- Identify potential areas of risk when approaching and handling your horse.
- Create a storyboard or video about hazards to avoid when handling a horse in a variety of activities. (Activity 4.1)
- Consider the warning signs of a horse showing stress and how you would respond. (Activity 4.2)
Estimated Time Required
It is estimated it will take you approximately 2-4 hours to complete this module.