AGR 2020: Animal Husbandry/Welfare is a CTS course where you will learn about basic and fundamental aspects of cat and dog care and welfare. Before taking this course, you should have:
- Completed the prerequisites.
- AGR 1040: Introduction to Animal Basics
- AGR 3000: Agriculture Safety
- Supervised access to a cat or dog with which you can work.
In this course you’ll explore information related to the care and raising of a cat or dog and apply the learning tasks to a cat or dog in a project of your own choice. Your learning will start with the following overarching question:
What standards of care should guide how domestic animals are raised?
You will explore the course content through four guiding concepts:
- Responsible choices
- Animal health & welfare
- Safe & healthy animal environments
- Societal responsibilities
This “Introduction to AGR 2020: Cat and Dog Husbandry/Welfare” module introduces the course. Complete the learning tasks in this module before moving on to the other modules.
By successfully completing this module, you will be able to:
- Identify possible life roles related to the care of cats and dogs.
- Describe different perspectives regarding animal welfare.
- Demonstrate basic competencies in communication.
- Use basic essential tools employed in the course.
Estimated Time Required
It is estimated it will take you approximately 20 minutes to complete this module.