How should safe and environmentally responsible horse housing structures be designed?
Horse owners and riders share responsibility for ensuring that their horses have safe and comfortable housing and shelter as well as opportunities for turnout and exercise. You will create a housing criteria checklist and analyze indoor and outdoor housing choices. You will also apply your learning to your own contexts and demonstrate practical housing maintenance skills.
Horses have a right to safe and comfortable housing and shelter as well as adequate opportunities for turnout and exercise. What types of indoor and outdoor housing environments should be provided for a horse?
By successfully completing this module, you will be able to:
- Identify appropriate horse housing, fencing, and turnout.
- Understand how housing factors influence horse health and welfare.
- Apply your knowledge of horse housing to assess a housing design.
About the Course Activities & Activity Booklets
This course contains many activities to help you learn and test your knowledge of the concepts taught in each module. The activity booklets contain instructions for each activity. You should save the activity booklets to a portfolio or course folder on your computer. You may want to reference the work you do in the activity booklets for your final project for the course.
At the beginning of each module, download the activity booklet for that module to your portfolio folder. Most of the activities have active fields that you can use to input your responses. ENSURE YOU HAVE THE CURRENT VERSION OF ADOBE READER INSTALLED. (Need Adobe Reader? Click here.)
Your work will be assessed by your teacher. Unless indicated otherwise by your teacher, use the rubric which accompanies the activity.
- Create a folder for the AGR 3070 course on your computer. This is where you should save all your module booklets.
- Download the Module 2 Booklet to the AGR 3070 folder you just created.
- When you get to a place in the online module where you are supposed to complete an activity:
- Open the module booklet you saved in your course folder,
- Scroll to the relevant activity,
- Complete the task,
- SAVE your work.
At the end of the module, you will upload your completed module booklet (HINT: see the Activities video if you need a refresher on how to use the upload tool.).
Estimated Time Required
It is estimated it will take you approximately 3 hours to complete this module.