You need to meet some prerequisites before you start using this resource:
- You must have completed the AGR3000: Agriculture Safety course.
- You must have a minimum of 50 hours of previous experience in horse handling and horse care.
- You must have access to instruction from an individual with specialized training and/or experience related to horsemanship and/or English or Western riding.
You may also find it very useful to have completed two other courses:
- AGR 1040: Animal Basics resource, at www.ctsanimals.ca/va1040, meets the requirements of the AGR1040:
Introduction to Animal Basics CTS course.
- Animal Welfare & Husbandry resource, at www.ctsanimals.ca/ va2020, meets the requirements of the AGR2020:
Animal Husbandry/Welfare CTS course.
The course is divided into a “Start Here” module, five (5) modules of content and activities, and modules dedicated to the Final Project and your personal reflection.
Throughout the course you will be provided with different kinds of content and activities. All the course materials are provided online – although your teacher may choose to have you do some or all of the materials in the classroom.
Consistent with the approach and structure of CTS courses, you will have the opportunity to apply your prior knowledge and experience to many of the activities
If you have any questions about the course materials, be sure to ask your teacher. They are there to help you do well in this course!
To begin, click the “Start Here!” module in the “Course Content” menu. The “Start Here!” module provides a quick orientation to the course. Even if you have already taken another ASPCA course, be sure to review the materials in the “Start Here!” module as it includes important information specific to this course.
Have a great time exploring the materials and completing the activities here in AGR 2020! Once you are done, you will be well on your way to providing your domestic dog or cat with the best possible care.
As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask your teacher.