AGR 2070: Equine is a CTS course that will ask you to work in an “apprentice” role to learn about fundamental aspects of equine care and welfare.
You need to meet some prerequisites before you start using this resource:
- You must have completed the AGR 3000: Agriculture Safety course.
- You must have a minimum of 50 hours of previous experience in horse handling and horse care.
- You must have access to instruction from an individual with specialized training and/or experience related to horsemanship and/or English or Western riding.
You may also find it very useful to have completed two other courses:
- The AGR 1040: Animal Basics resource meets the requirements of the AGR 1040: Introduction to Animal Basics CTS course.
- The Animal Welfare & Husbandry resource meets the requirements of the AGR 2020: Animal Husbandry/Welfare CTS course.
By successfully completing this module, you will be able to:
- Identify possible life roles related to the care of horses.
- Describe different perspectives regarding animal welfare.
- Demonstrate basic competencies in communication.
- Use basic essential tools employed in the course.
- Understand what best practices guide the daily care of horses.
Estimated Time Required
It is estimated it will take you approximately 20 minutes to complete this module.