All horses require regular and consistent observation, monitoring and care. Horse handlers and owners should be familiar with a horse’s normal behaviours and requirements. You will assess vital signs, describe appropriate care of an ill horse and demonstrate the ability to care for wounds.
Responsible horse ownership involves a solid understanding of your horse’s needs as well as the development of the skills required to meet those needs. Why is it important to understand and monitor your horse’s overall health on a daily basis?
By successfully completing this module, you will be able to:
- Assess vital signs.
- Identify signs of illness.
- Describe appropriate care for an ill horse.
- Demonstrate the ability to care for wounds.
Your work will be assessed by your teacher. Unless indicated otherwise by your teacher, use the rubric which accompanies the activity.
- Create a folder for the AGR 2070 course on your computer. This is where you should save all your module booklets.
- Download the Module 4 Booklet to the AGR 2070 folder.
- When you get to a place in the online module where you are supposed to complete an activity:
- Open the module booklet you saved in your course folder,
- Scroll to the relevant activity,
- Complete the task,
- SAVE your work.
Estimated Time Required
It is estimated it will take you approximately 2 hours to complete this module.